In a restaurant not far up Boulder canyon, graduate students, entrepreneurs, angels, VCs, and entrepreneurial faculty will gather to be inspired and connect with the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Boulder.
When: Sep. 26th from 9:30am to 5:00pm
Dress: Business Professional
Re-tweet this: https://twitter.com/cuGEA/status/247775892850503680
Less than two weeks away, the GEA at CU-Boulder will hold a full-day retreat to promote entrepreneurship and introduce new graduate students to fellow entrepreneurial students, faculty, alumni, and the Boulder community.
This is the most anticipated GEA event of the year and will include a number of panels, lunch, breakout sessions, speakers, and even a cocktail hour to mingle with the creme dela creme! A limited number of spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis, so join us, get motivated, and start the new academic year on a high note!
You’ll notice some pending speakers below. We’ll be updating this with more information over the next week, so stay tuned for more details.
- 9:30 am – Mingle and settle in
- 10:00 am – Intro
- Paul Jerde (video) | Executive Director at the Deming Center for Entrepreneurship at University of Colorado Boulder
- 11:30 am – Entrepreneurial panel (video)
- Mark Weakly | Partner at Bryan Cave
- Holly Hamann |Co-founder and CMO at BlogFrog
- Pam Sheppard | Vice President at Greenmont Capital Partners
- Brian Baker | Angel investor and Principal at Small Planet West
- 12:30 am – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Debate about entrepreneurship in big and small companies (video)
- Brad Bernthal | Director of the Entrepreneurship Initiative at the Silicon Flatirons Center
- Joe Zell | General Partner at Grotech Ventures
- Dan Caruso | CEO and co-founder of Zayo Group
- 2:30 pm – Breakout session with special guests representing 4 topics
- Green Tech
- Mike Freeman | CEO at the Rocky Mountain Innosphere
- 3:15 pm – Alumni panel (video)
- Tim Falls | community guy @sendgrid
- Carrie Gleeksman | Director of Finance and Operations at SOFT Style
- Adam Shepler | Product Marketing Manager at LinkSmart, Inc.
- TBD | 4th member of panel
- 4:00 pm – Cocktail hour and mingle