We recently held elections to determine who will lead the GEA into the future. And the results are in…Matt Reisman, has been elected as the GEA President for 2010-2011. He will be filling the big, bad shoes of ’09-’10 Pres, Jay Wilson.
As part of the transition from this year’s leadership to that of next year, we are now making strides toward passing responsibilities and projects on to the students of the Leeds Class of 2011. There is an incredible amount of energy among the incoming group of GEA officers, and we anticipate that our club will grow significantly in the coming years.
Looking forward, we have many plans to maintain our momentum:
- GEA mentorship program: this effort, spearheaded by Lindsay Brust (class 2009) doubled in number of mentor/mentee matches in its second year of operation – from approximately 20 last year to nearly 40 this year.
- The GEA aims to serve as an exhaustive conduit of information for its members, ensuring that the students at Leeds are aware of all of the great events and activities that are taking place on a weekly basis in and around Boulder.
- The Learn from the Best speaker series will feature interactions with some awesome local entrepreneurial players this semester. More details to come!
- We are already gearing up for planning the 2010 GEA Entrepreneurs Retreat, which will surely prove to be as enjoyable as those in the past.
- The new leadership is brainstorming new, exciting events for next year’s members, which may include a group trip to another national entrepreneurial hub.
Stay tuned to learn more about the progress being made within the GEA and our evolving efforts to create valuable impact within the Boulder community.